Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change creator in Jira Product Discovery

Andrew Hewitson March 16, 2023

We have an idea that was created by someone who is no longer working in the project.  Is there a way to change the creator of the idea to someone else?  

2 answers

0 votes
Gary Spross
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2023

It would be nice if there was at least a backdoor way to be able to edit this field. We just finished a migration and I imported the Ideas from the previous instance into the new one (because JPD isn't supported for migration). After import, I was listed as the Creator for every Idea. I was able to get the Reporter field straightened out, so I was going to use automation to copy the value from the Reporter field to the Creator field. I guess it doesn't make sense to trust an admin with the ability to work however they need within their project...

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2023

Hi @Andrew Hewitson to my knowledge, you cannot change the Creator. You can submit a suggestion with Atlassian directly if you like, but honestly, why would you change the creator? The "someone else" did not create that idea.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2023

You can change the Reporter though, but not the Creator.

The person that entered this idea was not actually the originator of the idea.  They only entered/created the ideas during evaluation of the product.  We would like to get the idea changed to the person who the idea should be attributed to.  

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2023

Then my suggestion/workaround would be to remove/delete the Idea and have it re-submitted by the person who the idea should be attributed to.

A less obtrusive solution would be nicer but I'm inclined to believe, at this point in the beta, this may be the only solution.  Thanks for your input.

Like Dave Mathijs likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events