Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will there be a customer "Portal" feature to allow for customer feature requests, feedback, voting

Ken Young
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2022

Will there be a customer "Portal" feature to allow for customer feature requests, feedback, voting, etc.  I think I have read in the past the JSM would fill that gap (no sure where I read this), but that would put different a different user group (DevOps/Development vs Product) into yet another tool.   

6 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

4 votes
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2022

@Ken Young this is something we're currently exploring. We're starting with internal collaboration in mind first (a way to engage people from outside the product team but in the same company), and will explore external collaboration later. 

Ken Young
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2022

Thank you @Tanguy Crusson .   I thought I read early on that this was going to explored/roadmap.  I know our product teams appreciate this capability in both Aha! and ProductBoard.   My goal is to be able to tie this capability (in Jira Product Discovery) in a much tighter fashion to our development workflows in Jira/Advanced Roadmaps.

Thx

Like # people like this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2022

Thank you for the context @Ken Young ! Much appreciated

Jaime Laird July 27, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson it has been a year since this comment. Can you please provide an update on this topic? This is a very important means to collect real customer input on ideas for prioritization, which you competitors support.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
July 28, 2023
Jaime Laird July 28, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson thank you for the prompt reply! To clarify, is the addition of "Stakeholders" your teams solution to the Customer Portal request, or is this a temporary means to provide this capability?

5 votes
patryk.x.ryczek February 2, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson Hi, what's the status on customer portal? I've seen that you were exploring it in july. Do you consider to create a portal like aha's idea portal? Portal that can register new ideas from users who don't have atlassian access account.

Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 7, 2023

Hi @patryk.x.ryczek and @Ben Scott ,

As I see that JPD is moving towards being more of a team tool for prioritization rather than keeping all the product backlog in a project. I assume since they rolled out the ability to weigh in with ideas to other contributors that are your teammates rather than customers since they see the prioritization board at once, which is more of internal information rather than for customers' eyes. 

So far, our feedback portal of the Customer Case app can be mapped to the Jira Product Discovery project, and customers can create their ideas that will be automatically added to a relevant JPD project (or any other project in Jira in case JPD is only for validated ideas but not for the entire product backlog). This is what a feedback portal looks like:

2023-08-07_14-56-15.png

So far, a known limitation is that vendors can't use api for full-fledged integration with JPD. Thus, in Jira, we can't provide tabs that help agents work on the Jira side on the portal (for example, reply to customers). But they can do it on a portal itself.

But as soon as the api is provided, we will implement the full functionality that is available for other types of Jira projects.

1 vote
Ben Scott November 2, 2022

Hi @Tanguy Crusson is there any update on the Portal functionality for JPD? For me, and I'm sure many others, it makes total sense for Jira to build out this much added piece of the Discovery process. Otherwise, PM's are faced with using other products such as Product Board, Aha etc, just because they offer the portal feature. Most of us use Jira for Delivery, so we just want to use one tool for Discovery! 

0 votes
Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 28, 2022

Hi @Ken Young

If you need the functionality of a public forum where all the tickets are visible to everybody, you can check Customer Case for Jira app. It is a portal for your external clients where they can submit their issues or ideas and vote for them. It can be public (visible to everybody), private (restricted for specific email addresses or domains, for example, for your internal needs), or you can set it up as a support service just as JSM(private communication with a support assistant).

Ben Scott November 2, 2022

Hi @Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_  When setting up this forum, are you able to select Jira Product Discovery is the destination Project? 

Thanks, 

Ben

Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
December 16, 2022

@Ben Scott 

Sorry for this delayed response. Yes, you can create a forum and map it to the JPD project, and ideas will be automatically pushed to it. 

0 votes
Oriol Fàbregas Pujol July 14, 2022

Regarding this topic, I really like upvoty: https://www.upvoty.com/
You can use it as a product benchmark

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2022

@Ken Young There is nothing like this added on the roadmap at this time.  I would suggest up voting feature requests like this one https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-1743   Atlassian using feature requests to help develop its roadmap.  

Ken Young
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2022

Upvoted, but that is really the issue.  The upvote is in JSM but not product board.  No Product Manager will use it because it's not in their tool (JPD) and requires someone else to get involved (i.e. isn't Agile in nature)

The answer is that it's not on the JPD roadmap.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2022

@Ken Young 

You can always do what Atlassian does and make a public Jira instance.  This would allow you to have upvoting.  You are correct that this feature is not in the JSM roadmap and JSM does not provide the functionality at this time.

David
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2022

@Brant Schroeder  - Can you provide a little more detail on what Atlassian does currently? Do you have to duplicate all the tickets in a separate project? Or do they live in this public facing project for voting, but then are created in a different project for actual development work?

This is the biggest gap we have with Jira. Not being able to expose our ideas and requested features to our customers for input.

It seems like, if a tool is being developed specifically for product discovery, a feature to allow input/feedback from our customers would be a natural fit. 

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2022

@David I do not work for Atlassian but I believe that they have set up a public project.  On server, you used to be able to set up a public project and allow anonymous voting.  On cloud you can create public projects but I do not think you can vote on issues.  

Public Projects in Cloud - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/allow-anonymous-access-to-projects/ 

Atlassian seems to be using a combination of the public sites and licensed users to submit and upvote issues on the cloud.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
July 14, 2022

@Brant Schroeder This is a community forum for Jira Product Discovery - which is a cloud-only product for product managers.

Elizabeth Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2022

I am creating a jira project to use as an ideas portal that allows voting to fill this need. Additionally I plan it implement an issue collector and a form overlay for external users to submit ideas. I do not yet know of a way to do this in JPD, but I would love that functionality. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events