Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't key customer work in impact score?

Cassidy Fitzpatrick October 6, 2022

We're using the following impact score: 60% goal impact, 10% insights, 10% votes, 20% key customers. 

I think there is an issue calculating key customers. We've added weights to customers. 

As you can see in the photo below, it makes sense that #1 is #1. There is a big goal impact and lots of key customers. 

However, the next 5 should not all be ranked the same. They all do not have insights or votes. And are all calculated with 4/5 goal impact. but, for some reason, the key customer weighting is not ranking the 5th one down higher than the others. 

Any ideas?

Capture8.JPG

Capture7.JPG

4 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2022

Hi everyone, so the short answer is we have a bug on how we account for ideas that don't have a value for a field in the weighted score formula. We'll fix it!

Caitlin Fox
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 23, 2023

Is this bug resolved yet?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2023

Yes, it should have been fixed shortly after this message

0 votes
Jan-Hendrik Spieth October 10, 2022

Is "4" the lowest value you have for Key Customers?

If so, I believe the calcuation might be correct, because that lowest value will you a "weighted" score of 0 ("zero").

Let's try a rollup vs weighted for our "Product areas" (with weights, although not multi-select, but I believe that shouldn't make a difference):

Screenshot 2022-10-10 112032.png

Not sure I'm on the right track, though.

Jan-Hendrik Spieth October 10, 2022

I continued digging a little. I'm pretty sure now that @Cassidy Fitzpatrick's issue is not specific to that very field, but maybe rather cause by how formulas and specifically, normalization, works with multi-select fields. From the documentation:

The normalized value x for a field is defined as 100 * (x - min) / (max - min)

So if "4" is the min value for Key Customers, this field contributes "0" to the Impact score.

I checked how Rollups and Weighted scores work for multi-select fields, and rating fields. Something seems off:
Screenshot 2022-10-10 160900.png

For the Rating-related formulas, you see 0 = undefined. And a rating of 1 gives you a weighted score of 20. One could argue whether "undefined" is really the minimum here. But so far, so good. 

But for the multi-select field (weighted AARRR goals), undefined is just undefined - and a value of "1" gives you 1 in Rollup, yet "0" in weighted score.

@Tanguy Crussonor someone else from Atlassian team, can you enlighten us here?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
October 10, 2022
Like # people like this
0 votes
Jonathan Hau October 6, 2022

You could also try creating a new "Impact Score" field and instead configure it to use a custom formula type. I prefer the custom formula because it's far easier to modify the formula expression if your criteria for how the Impact Score gets calculated changes later on.

0 votes
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
October 6, 2022

Hi @Cassidy Fitzpatrick , could this be because of the "Votes" field? It's not on the screenshot you shared

I changed the vote percentage to 0 and there was no change! We also haven't started using votes yet as we're still setting up. Thanks for the idea though!

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
October 6, 2022

OK - we'll need to look into it, it could very well be a bug. In the meantime, have you tried creating a new "Score" field with the same configuration?

Thank you! I just tried that and no luck. It seems to work on our other boards so a little confused about what's up. Appreciate your help.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
October 7, 2022

OK damn - would you be ok to jump on a Zoom early next week? https://calendly.com/tcrusson/15min-meeting So we can troubleshoot this together

Like Christian Happel likes this
Cassidy Fitzpatrick October 7, 2022

Yes! Just scheduled. Thank you!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events