Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Linked Issues supposed to do?

sharon.prajzner April 18, 2022

The linked issues count does not appear to change when I link issues on Software boards.  

What is this supposed to count?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2022

Hi @sharon.prajzner the "linked issues" field counts the number of issues linked to the idea - but excluded issues from the delivery tab in the idea.

To see a count of those, you can use the "delivery status" field - which tells you how many issues from the delivery tab are in what status

sharon.prajzner April 19, 2022

@Tanguy Crusson How are you supposed to link an issue in this product then?  That option is under the Delivery tab after you open a card, and what I used to link my issues which are all in software projects. 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2022

@sharon.prajzner it's funny how trying to explain something forces us to step back and look at what we did sometimes :D

You are right, there are 2 places where you can link issues:

1. In the delivery tab, you can link an idea with delivery tickets from a Jira Software project. The semantics here are: what you link from here are the tickets that are about delivering the idea, so you can then track the delivery status. You can use the "delivery progress/status" fields in any view to track this status
  2. At the idea level as shown here: you would typically use that to link ideas with each other (e.g. this idea relates to this other idea)

Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 15.03.28.png

We'll clean that up so they don't both say "Link to issue" (because that's confusing)

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events