Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

What is Linked Issues supposed to do?

The linked issues count does not appear to change when I link issues on Software boards.  

What is this supposed to count?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @sharon_prajzner the "linked issues" field counts the number of issues linked to the idea - but excluded issues from the delivery tab in the idea.

To see a count of those, you can use the "delivery status" field - which tells you how many issues from the delivery tab are in what status

@Tanguy Crusson How are you supposed to link an issue in this product then?  That option is under the Delivery tab after you open a card, and what I used to link my issues which are all in software projects. 

@sharon_prajzner it's funny how trying to explain something forces us to step back and look at what we did sometimes :D

You are right, there are 2 places where you can link issues:

1. In the delivery tab, you can link an idea with delivery tickets from a Jira Software project. The semantics here are: what you link from here are the tickets that are about delivering the idea, so you can then track the delivery status. You can use the "delivery progress/status" fields in any view to track this status
  2. At the idea level as shown here: you would typically use that to link ideas with each other (e.g. this idea relates to this other idea)

Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 15.03.28.png

We'll clean that up so they don't both say "Link to issue" (because that's confusing)

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you