Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does "Impact" in the idea status mean?

Amer Enaya
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 10, 2023

Hi there
We are new to the Product Discovery solution, what does "Impact" status mean? 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user March 10, 2023

This has come up before, this might be worth a read:

Goal-and-Insight-Impacts/td-p/2065644 

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2023

Yep definitely this answer from Tanguy, thanks Graham (and Erik)! 

In short, the "Impact" field is a default field, to show you what you can do with the app. If you think an idea have a big impact - a big added value on the goal it's linked to - then the impact would be a 5. If the idea contributes in a marginal/negligible way to the goal it is attached to, then its impact might be a 1. 

That's just an example of what could be used as a criteria to prioritize your ideas. 

Kyren Cabellon May 22, 2023

From what I've read in the article above, it was more on the "Goal Impact" field rather than the status "Impact"

I am also not sure on when to use this status

2023-05-23_14-06-12.png

Like James Park likes this

@Kyren Cabellon I believe Impact status it's for when the Idea has been delivered and you are measuring the Business Value, feedback, etc etc. before setting up to Done.

It makes more sense for me.

Like # people like this
Kyren Cabellon May 23, 2023

@José Carlos De Oliveira Escalona thank you for that.

1 vote
Erin Mihalik March 10, 2023

You really only need to use the fields that you want to use. The tool has so much freedom to get rid of fields or add your own.

I personally love the idea of the Goal Impact field.

So often does a list of 50+ ideas all meet a Goal or OKR set out by the company but we cannot work or deliver all 50 ideas. Goal Impact allows us to say "Yes, both of these ideas meet the goal of Improving Stability but Idea 1 will be more effective or have a higher impact than Idea 2"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events