Watching a specific idea?

Peter Robertson October 27, 2022

Is there a way for users to "watch" a specific idea like they would be able to with a Jira ticket or a page in Confluence?

For example somebody from CS might be interested in a new idea created to improve a live chat feature. Is there a way that person could follow and get notifications about that specific idea if they aren't interested in others related to a product?

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

4 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Timms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2022

Hi @Peter Robertson the Watcher function from the rest of Jira is not available in JPD. I've worked around this by adding a stakeholder field and setting up some automations to email the people in that list when, for example, a status change occurs. I've also set up a view to allow people to view their watched issues in a list.

It's a little clunky, but appears to work for those using it.

Peter Robertson October 27, 2022

Thanks Chris, I will look into this!

Hopefully a "watch" feature is coming soon. Seems like it would be very useful for when we have requests that come from other teams that might want to follow progress on a specific idea.

Like # people like this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2022

Nice workaround! yes, it's one of the limitations of the beta - we plan to add this. So many things to do, so little time 😅

Like # people like this
Justin Jeffery January 10, 2023

You can add yourself to a watcher by adding a comment on an Idea also.  Is there a feature request for this functionality we can watch?

1 vote
Jonathan Hau October 27, 2022

I've also found it inconvenient this feature isn't available yet in JPD. The workaround I've found to help is using Advanced Issue Search, then using "bulk changes" to modify the Watcher members.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events