Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewer permissions adding Insights

Mike Sorrell December 6, 2022

Based on the comments here it doesn't seem like Contributors are able to add Insights to Ideas and that this functionality is only available to Creators. However when testing this out I see I am able to add Insights with a Viewer account. 

Is this functionality expected to change? Is the Viewer role effectively going to be replaced by the Contributor role?

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2022

Hi everyone, we've tried to communicate this a couple of times already.

Just to be 100% clear: 

Contributors will be able to add insights (like the viewer role can do today)

👆

0 votes
Erin Mihalik December 6, 2022

No, the comments that you are reading are incorrect. If you read the ones by the PMs, contributors will be able to add Insights but not create Ideas.

0 votes
Abel Lineberger December 6, 2022

I would argue that limiting the insights functionality to the Contributor role would greatly limit the value of the offering.  We currently use our account managers and sales staff to add insights based on conversations with customers and prospects.  This significantly enhances the number and quality of inputs to the final design decision.

But their individual contributions are so infrequent that it would be hard to justify paying for them.  The value is in the aggregation.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events