Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the Create button under delivery doesn't copy a description to the new card

sharon.prajzner April 18, 2022

Since we can't move or clone anything, and we have to create a copy for delivery, I expected my idea description to copy to the card I created on a software project, but it doesn't. Only the summary appears to copy to the new issue and I have to copy/paste and re-link everything to the new issue that I already had on the idea so the developer has it.

Will it always work this way?  It's a lot of rework if someone spends time on their idea. 

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2022

Hi @sharon.prajzner

Currently the idea is accessible via an issue link in the delivery issue in Jira Software. We plan to show more information there (for example the description of the idea, and a selection of fields) - as currently just having an issue link is a bit "dry". 

However we do see the 2 as having a different purpose: the idea is where you collect insights and decide why you want to prioritize something (the problem it's solving, the solutions explored, how you plan to measure success, etc.) while the delivery issue/epic should focus on how you plan to deliver it (break down into tasks/releases/etc.)

1 vote
Erin Mihalik April 18, 2022

I would ask "why" are you making a full copy for the Delivery aspect?  The link will always exist and hold all the background.  The Delivery piece will be an epic which doesn't always need a ton of info and stories will end up being broken down anyway.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events