Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Transition Idea status based on linked Delivery issues status

Hi Jira Product Discovery team, we are getting adoption across my organization of this product and we are looking at implementing some automation. 

One of the automation we would like to implement: automatically trigger status transition in my Idea workflow based on status changed of linked Delivery issues. For instance, if my linked Epic transitions from "In Progress" to "In QA", I would like to update my Idea status to "Staging" (assuming those are existing status in my workflows).

I tried implementing that from Product Discovery directly, but it doesn't seem to be possible from the Product Discovery workflow. 

have also tried to create a Global Automation rule for Jira, but I was not able to find the "Idea" issue type.

Is this type of automation something currently possible? Or maybe planned on your roadmap?

2 answers

Hi Florian, 

Are you able to share a screenshot of the automation flow you have tried to implement?

Thanks

Hi Alex,

This is were I got blocked in the Global Automation rules. The Issue Type on Idea is not available:

Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 9.56.28 AM.png

@Florian Wahl perhaps a daft question - but is the scope in Rule Details set to All or filtered to the relevant project? I can configure the condition you are trying to on my environment, at least.

I'm not sure you actually need this condition anyway, as the only thing that uses the 'implements' issue link are ideas by default.

- C

I'm going to try the same thing in a few weeks... so if we don't get an answer here and I figure it out, I'll let you know!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you