Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeline View not matching the Project Start and End.

Arunkumar Ponnuraju July 2, 2024

Timeline View not matching the Project Start and End...

Green bar is expected view...

2426.5_JiraProductDiscovery_TimelineNotMatching.png

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2024

Hi @Arunkumar Ponnuraju ,

I am able to replicate the visibility / UI-UX experience you shared, and believe it's simply a JPD limitation with the timeline view at the moment.

Since the "scale" of the view is set to quarterly, the idea is placed in the general quarter (July-Sept) as a whole at both start and end of the quarter - instead of being placed on the actual date(s) based on the JPD date-fields.

It also happens when the "scale" is set to monthly:

tl1.jpeg

I believe engineering is working on enhancing the timeline's visibility, but no firm ETA on when this will be available. I will relay the information to our teams internally. Feel free to also share this with them under the Give feedback tab. 

This will create an internal ticket with the engineering and product teams which they are reviewing regularly to improve JPD.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2024

hi @Arunkumar Ponnuraju , we've turned on the new experience for you that supports finer granularity. If you refresh your screen it should now support monthly granularity. Does it work?

Arunkumar Ponnuraju
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 2, 2024

hi @Tanguy Crusson thank you.

But seems not working, still same as originally reported.

Can you confirm the new experience Is applied to https://akpppds.atlassian.net/?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
July 2, 2024

is the timeline still looking exactly like the screenshot you shared ?

Arunkumar Ponnuraju July 3, 2024

Now i see that its applied. And seems better than earlier. Thank you again!

Though understnad that at big picture its not critical. But when we show this view to our higher ups, they get sort of confused u said the project will start on 15th, but here its at the begining of the month, and we waste time explaining the same... 15days is lot in that sense.

In that sense still would prefer that timeline reflects the actual date selected.

If you could consider to add to it will be great.

For the moment i will try manage with it. When u have any updates please let me know.

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events