Support sprints time box in timeline view

Neta Ilany May 9, 2023

We use ideas for initial roadmap planning, and to create a quarterly view before we create the dedicated delivery tickets (=epics) and assign to teams. 

The timeline feature is a good visualization tool - but it only supports specific dates. 

When we are in initial high level planning phase, we usually estimate in sprints (example - start in sprint 200 and end in sprint 204). 

Is there any plan to support sprint dates as in Jira plans? And - is there a plan to support the timeline view by sprints, once defined?

Thanks,

2 answers

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2023

Hi @Neta Ilany @Caitlin Steel @Christina Kogiou 

Roadmaps in Jira Product Discovery are best represented in the Board view and Timeline view, currently these don't show sprints.

We'll keep your suggestion in mind for when we make improvements to the Timeline view. For now, I would suggest Roadmaps in Jira Software as the best option if you want to see Sprints on the timeline.

1 vote
Christina Kogiou May 9, 2023

Yes! This would be so helpful

Caitlin Steel May 9, 2023

I agree... i also would like to be able to how start and end so i can plan over multiple sprints when need be!

Like Michelle Yip likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events