Software Projects not showing up under Delivery tab

Alex Kessler October 12, 2022

Using this document as a baseline: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-product-discovery/docs/link-an-idea-to-a-jira-issue/ 

I am a JIRA Admin for the Product Discovery Project & all Software Projects.

We have quite a few software projects already running. 

Projects - JIRA 2022-10-12 09-51-10.png

Under "Delivery" I am unable to link an idea to an existing epic / ticket in a Software Project because under "Delivery" no Software projects appear, even when I search for them. 

[FPR-14].png

Anyone know why this might be happening? 

4 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2022

@Alex Kessler based on your screenshot I think I know what happened:

• You have Jira Software in your company's Jira (xyz.atlassian.net)
  • Then you've added Jira Product Discovery to another site (xyz2.atlassian.net) - maybe when trying the product, because you don't have admin rights to your company's Jira? (that's the most common reason)

For this to work you would need the 2 Jira products to be on the same site.

Does that help?

Oooo okay this definitely seems likely, as I'm not certain whether the person who created the Discovery Project has admin rights to my Company's JIRA

I personally do have admin rights to my company's JIRA -- am I able to create a new JIRA Product Discovery on my company's site? Or can we transfer the existing one there? What do you recommend? 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2022

You'll first need to get Jira Product Discovery added to your company's site: it means going there and adding the product to the site www.atlassian.com/product-discovery 

After that unfortunately you'll have to recreate your project... We don't yet support migrating projects between sites (it's one of the limitations of the beta). You can probably use CSV export/import to help you a bit, but not all that much. 

0 votes
Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2022

I think that @Tanguy Crusson already found the issue, but I just want to say it looks like you are doing great with JPD!

It is great to see how people are using the new products and while it might be a hassle to move the work you have already done to the right location (assuming that is the issue), it looks like it will be worth it based on the way you have things setup.

0 votes
Abel Lineberger October 12, 2022

Check to ensure that the issue you are trying to link in the delivery field is not already linked to that idea using another relationship.  

For example, you cannot have a link from Idea -XYZ to Epic-123 with a "causes" relationship and a "delivered by" relationship.  The Epic will simply not show up in the select list for the Delivery ticket.

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, we haven't linked anything yet, so this doesn't seem to be the problem. 

0 votes
Ivor October 12, 2022

[edit]

Yes, I've tried typing into the search and nothing appears, which I found to be very strange as I'm an admin for Software & Product Discovery. 

It seems to be searching issues in the project I'm in, not across all software projects. 

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 10.08.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-12 at 10.09.42 AM.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events