Slack Integration

Seth Mason January 28, 2022

Is it possible to have the text from a slack message be added to an Product Discovery issue instead of a link?

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sarah Stenhouse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2022

Hey @Seth @Thomas FELTRIN

Thanks for getting in touch. 

If you try the following you should see the slack message copy rather than just a link:

• Open a slack channel
  • Right of a message, click on "..." > Copy Link
  • Open an idea in Jira Product Discovery
  • In the "Insights" section, click on "Create an insight"
  • Paste the link in the "Attach a link" input
  • The system will ask you to authenticate

After they've authenticated things should work just fine! 

Please let me know if you need any more help.

Thanks, 

Sarah 

Seth Mason January 31, 2022

TY.

Like Sarah Stenhouse likes this
1 vote
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2022

Thank you for posting this @Seth Mason @Thomas FELTRIN ! When investigating your issue we discovered that the slack app wasn't prompting you to authenticate from Jira Product Discovery to see more details about the link. We're fixing that to prevent this type of confusion in the future! And in the meantime, the workaround that Sarah posted above should help anyone who's wondering why they only see a link to a Slack message in insights. 

Please note that it's only going to work for new insights you create from Slack, unfortunately not for the ones you've created before authenticating. 

Thomas FELTRIN February 1, 2022

hello, I've got a "Lien restreint, essayer un autre compte" message.

Does the problem come from slack or jira ?

Can't seem to solve it by authorizing Atlassian Smart Links to Slack.

Thx

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
February 2, 2022

@Thomas FELTRIN I checked with the team and this usually happens if you are authenticated with a Slack workspace with Smart Links but trying to view a link from a Slack message that comes from a different Slack workspace. 

Could that be the case for you? 

The best place to verify that is https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/apps, and revoke "Slack" in "Atlassian third party account access" - then try pasting a link to a Slack message in an insight to trigger authentication.

Another potential problem is if your Slack workspace is free and you've already installed 10 apps.

Thomas FELTRIN February 2, 2022

I tried to revoke the slack et re-authenticate but the same problem occurs.

We have a Pro slack workspace but it's only a free-trial period so I'm going to check if going to Pro will solve the issue.

I'll keep you posted, thanks

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
0 votes
Thomas FELTRIN January 28, 2022

I am 100% with you

Plus. When creating a new issue, it would be great to be able to add an insight instead of a description

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events