Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show comments in views

Rebecca Graf September 11, 2024

Hey all,

is there a way to display the content of the lastest comment in a view? When adding comment as field to a view, only the number of comments is shown, but not the content.

I would prefer to not create a new customer field comment, as I'd like to keep the full  history of comments in the ticket itself (and don't want to overwrite it again and again using a custom field for latest updates).

Any ideas?

Best regards

Rebecca

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2024

Hi Rebecca, that is not possible currently - the comment field just shows the number of comments (and if there are new ones you haven't seen yet). 

What do you put in comments? Status updates?

Rebecca Graf September 16, 2024

@Tanguy Crusson yes, we wanted to use it for status updates. Today, we are doing this with a dedicated field but that means, that we always have to overwrite the last entry. We'd prefer to keep the history of those status updates available in the ticket (without switching to the history). 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2024

OK I see, thank you. 

I can't really see another option than the dedicated field today. There are a few things we're exploring for later, but it's too early to share. 

Like # people like this
Rebecca Graf September 16, 2024

I will stay tuned ;-) Thanks for your fast response anyways. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events