Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send an email with multiple ideas after variable creation and compare in automation

Sahar Qarem July 14, 2024

Hello,

I've created the automation in the screenshot, based on the feedback Here.

The intention is to notify once an idea has a project target due in the next 7 days. And it works but sends an email per result

I'd like for all these issues (ideas) sent be in one email instead of an email per issue.

I've tried using lookupissues after variable creation but it didn't work.

Any thoughts how to make it work?Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 09.46.53.png

2 answers

0 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2024

Hi Community,

Reposting here as well for visibility - we were able to get this resolved through a support ticket using an automation like the one below - which can send a daily email of all ideas if their JPD date-field matches the present day:

sched1.jpeg

1) WHEN: Select schedule for automation to run

2) THEN: Lookup issues - JQL:

project = XYZ AND cf[00000] ~ "\"end\":\"{{now.jiraDate}}\""

^ cf[00000] is the JPD date-field's ID. Can find this using this doc: 

3) AND THEN: Send email - which uses the Lookup issues from previous step to list all ideas in email body using this:

{{#lookupIssues}}
* {{key}}, {{summary}} - {{url}}
{{/}}
0 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2024

Hi @Sahar Qarem ,

I had shared a suggestion in that other Community questions.

It might be worth opening a ticket with JPD support to further troubleshoot this issue, especially if customfield_10152 is not returning anything when adding it as a Log action to the automation.

You should also be able to enter a ticket with them directly in your JPD instance under the Give feedback tab >> Get help from the support team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events