Searching for a label creates a new label

Seth Mason April 7, 2022

When adding an existing label to an idea, i can fuzzy search for it.  If what I search for is found, but is a prefix of the overall label. A new label is created.  For example:

1. I have an existing label called mycompany-internal, which I want to apply to my idea.
  2. I type "internal" which the fuzzy search finds and highlights "mycompany-internal".
  3. I press return and the idea now has labels "mycompany-internal" and "internal".

I had no intention of creating a label called "internal".

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2022

Hi @Seth Mason , this is an issue with the new list component we've turned on for you last week. We have a fix on the way but it could be a few days out. Would you like us to turn it off for you?

Seth Mason April 11, 2022

@Tanguy Crusson you can keep it on for now.  Can you just tag this thread when the fix has been applied? Thank you.

0 votes
Sarah Stenhouse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2022

Hi @Seth Mason

We seem to be experiencing a couple of kinks with the label field. I have asked the developers to look into it. Thanks for letting us know. 

Best,

Sarah

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events