Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to restrict access to one view when sharing?

Ariana DeJesus January 7, 2022

In one of the tutorials it's mentioned that we can share a single view without showing users the rest of the project by sharing in full screen. It seems that this will only work for external users to have view only access. I want to be able to share a view to our company that they can still comment on without seeing any other views. 

I tested this and as the shared user I can still minimize the full screen view, which then allows me to see and comment on other views. Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. I tried manipulating the settings a bunch of ways but none worked how I expected. 

https://www.loom.com/share/ff427d9c35f94924a00637b1ec19352d

In the recording, the left screen is using my admin account while the right screen is using a shared user. The screenshot shows the settings enabled for the shared user. Without Product Discovery access toggled on I was only able to view issues but not comment. 

image.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2022

Back to your original question: it is currently not possible to restrict access to a single view - it's something we have planned for the future though.

0 votes
Joe Peissl-Schickmair
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 14, 2022

I would highly appreciate this feature, too!

0 votes
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2022

Thank you @Ariana DeJesus for this and the other issue you sent us. We'll look into this, it sounds like we're not setting some things properly on the product access front. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events