Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT in Filter Criteria

Pete Crocker May 2, 2023

Hey JPD team and community, is there a way to do a NOT filter in a list? For example, I want to show all ideas that don't have a specific label assigned to them:

• Status = `123`
  • Label DOES NOT INCLUDE `XYZ`

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2023

Hi Pete! The answer from Bill is the best to achieve this at the moment - unfortunately the NOT operator cannot be expressed in the JPD UI at the moment ... but we are planning to improve it so you won't need to switch to the advance search to do such filtering ;) 

Pete Crocker May 3, 2023

♥️ Thanks for adding it to the wishlist!

2 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2023

Hi @Pete Crocker 

Yes, there is...If you want to check for EMPTY or not "XYZ" you could use this:

project = myProjectName AND ( labels IS EMPTY OR labels NOT IN (XYZ) )

If you want there to always be a label, and just not XYZ, you could use this:

project = myProjectName AND labels IS NOT EMPTY AND labels NOT IN (XYZ)

To learn more about JQL for queries like this, please look here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/use-advanced-search-with-jira-query-language-jql/

Kind regards,
Bill

Pete Crocker May 2, 2023

Thanks @Bill Sheboy Ah! Don't ask me why I didn't just do a JQL query for it.... I was trying to stay in the JPD UI framework since it's a great view of the data when I'm running through lists on calls with the team. 

So for @Tanguy Crusson minor feature request to add to the list: allow NOT options in the JPD UI filter criteria, though I've got an easy workaround via JQL.

Like # people like this
Pete Crocker May 2, 2023

Also figured out I can't sort a JQL query on JPD Score, so another reason it would be handy in JPD UI (or I could ORDER BY "Score" in JQL).

Like Hermance NDounga likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events