Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Moving an idea to another project doesn't auto-redirect

I had an product discovery idea (idea-1) and needed to move it to a Jira Software Project (company managed).  Product Discovery didn't appear to have a "move" function, so I used advanced search, and then 'bulk move' to move it from idea-1 to the Jira Software Project.

I can still access the idea using the original URL:

https://x.atlassian.net/jira/polaris/projects/<discovery project>/ideas/view/123456?selectedIssue=idea-123

(btw, I cannot add comments to it or even archive it).  It appears to be a dead end.

Normally, when you move an epic/task etc between projects, and you access the original key, JIRA redirects to you to new key.  

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Seth Mason , that's a limitation of the beta currently: we don't really support moving ideas between projects yet. E.g. if you move an idea to another discovery project you'll lose the connection to insights. It's something we definitely plan to support on our way to GA.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you