Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More granular field permissions or what do people do?

Colin Goudie July 21, 2021

So, I want to ensure other people don't prioritise our ideas outside of the Product team. However, I would love it if people could still edit some elements of an idea. Such as Client field, labels, or other meta data.

I know maybe the future might be to do this more via data capture points but the new mulit-select with weighting field is ideal to allow others to add to but they can't if they are only a viewer.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Erin Mihalik August 3, 2021

Just another perspective... I was thinking of keeping most stakeholders out of Jira Product Discovery as much as possible.  Yes, we are a highly collaborative team and we do work closely with our stakeholders but they will have a service management desk to submit items on.  The JPD project will be permissioned so only Product team can edit or add.  

To handle some of what you are mentioning, the plan is to automate when the linked JSD item gets a comment added or a client added, to make the change to the linked JPD item as well.  It is not perfect and I am sure we will probably hit some roadblocks that we will have to work through. 

The reason we are wanting to be a little more locked down in JPD is because right now we use a Jira Software project for this and even the smallest edit to a description causes a flurry of Teams and Slack messages asking about the item.  We would like to be able to research and do discovery without being judged/questioned for every comment we make but also automate back to the initial request, the important stuff.

0 votes
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2021

Thanks @Colin Goudie - you're right that today you are either a viewer, a team member (can do everything except manage fields and users) or a project admin.

We have had similar requests from a couple of other teams, and we're not quite sure of the best way to handle this yet - both technically and in terms of UX.

If you and others can provide more colour on where you'd use this, and with whom, that would help us greatly actually! Thanks

Lu Reed April 13, 2022

I would love to be able to add groups/people to individual views/boards.

That way my team has the room to breathe and effectively do discovery work while also being able to create views/boards to share with different stakeholders.

I was previously a Productboard customer and being able to selectively share different roadmaps/views with different audiences was HUGE. 

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events