cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitations in Jira Product Discovery

scuryova
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 20, 2024

hi there,

Is there a plan to remove (some) limitations in Jira Product Discovery?

I am specifically asking about "Field Options per Field" limited to 500.

We have a custom field in JPD indicating which Customer the Idea is concerning and our customer baseline is far beyond 500. It is very limiting indeed.

Any thoughts/feedback?

Thank you.

Katarina

Field options per field

Reference: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jpdkb/jira-product-discovery-limits-1402415682.html

2 answers

0 votes
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2024

@scuryova Jira Product Discovery is built on Jira, and Jira slows down the more options you add to a field. It can get pretty bad. For now we don't have plans to lift this limit. 

However we do plan to integrate with the "customers/organizations" of Jira Service Management and surface those as a field - for this exact use case. 

uri_shani
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 27, 2024

@Tanguy Crusson 

I'm having the same issue. 

I tried deleting options, already deleted ~20 but still getting the error "This field has reached its maximum of 500 options"

What else can I do? 

0 votes
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2024

Hi @scuryova 

Good question, sounds like the answer should come from Atlassian's JPD Product Owner or the JPD team. 

Thanks,

Danny

scuryova
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 20, 2024

@Tanguy Crusson - Any feedback from your side? Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events