cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Product Discovery Help

Lauren Moat
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 10, 2024

One of the optional fields on Delivery status is 'Project target' is there any way i can have this feed in from the 'due date' on my jira i've linked on my normal software project board?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2024

Hi @Lauren Moat 

Welcome to our Community.

I'm sorry that I can't catch what you want. There is no full stop in your whole sentences. I suggest you could provide more screenshots to show what is project target and what's your expectation.

YY哥

Lauren Moat
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 10, 2024

Can this (screenshot below) 'Project target' pull from my due date on the jira task that has been linked?Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 16.47.54.png

Like YY哥 likes this
0 votes
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2024

Hello Lauren, 

When you are on the field configuration, you can tick "autofill dates" and choose the due date from the linked delivery tickets. 

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 12.12.06.png

0 votes
YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2024

Hi @Lauren Moat 

I got what you want to implement. In fact, the relationship between product ideas and delivery isssues are complicated. For example:

• An idea in product discovery project corresponds to a or more Epic(s) in software project;
  • An idea in product discovery project corresponds to a story in software project;
  • An idea in product discovery project corresponds to some technical research or spikes in software project in the discovery phase of software development lifecycle;

From the business perspective, it seems infeasible.

From the tech perspective, we may use JPD automation rule to get the latest date of the delivery issues linked to an idea and then update the idea's project target to that date. It's just a solution for your reference, but I have never tried.

Thanks,

YY哥

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events