JPD workflow isn't displayed correctly in linked Jira tickets

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2022

This might be a known limitation, but I couldn't find any information on it. When I view JPD tickets in their linked Jira tickets, the workflow dropdown doesn't actually match the defined workflow from JPD. 

Here is our workflow:

2022-12-08_14-56-37.png

Here's how the workflow dropdown appears when viewing a JPD ticket from a linked Jira ticket:

2022-12-07_12-49-38.png

Not a big deal now, but wouldn't scale well! :)

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jean-Emmanuel BANQUEY
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2022

Hi @Amanda Barber 

It's working fine for me...
But we usually link JPD ideas to a Jira epic or to a custom higher level, not on story...

• Are you sure ACR is a Discovery Project ?
    I think that the Idea issue type can exists in a Jira Software project. Make sure you haven't enable this type in your AON project maybe ?
  • What happens when you click on "View workflow" ? Is that the good one which is displayed then ?
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2022

Ah, thanks Jean-Emmanuel!

Clicking the View Workflow pointed me in the right direction...apparently that particular workflow wasn't updated the same as our other JPD project. :facepalm:

Like # people like this
0 votes
Peter Heidorn December 8, 2022

Thats interesting @Amanda Barber 
I actually cant see that as an option to even view that when in the linked Jira Epic.  I can only see the JPD status of the Linked Idea. I can't change it from there. Maybe I am missing something.

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2022

It was just user error (how embarrassing, ha!)

I am able to edit the status of a JPD idea from within my linked Jira ticket though which is awesome!

Like Peter Heidorn likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events