Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPD access level for linking tickets

Sufian Siddiqi May 2, 2023

If I wanted to link a jira issue to a particular JPD idea, I can associate the two together, but we've noticed that this linking capability is currently not allowed for contributors. 

Example: We have a jira project that tracks our UX team's tasks. If they wanted to associate one of their tasks w/a JPD idea they are unable to do so. 

Is there a plan to extend the linking capability to users with contributor access? 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2023

Hi Sufian, 

Linking two tickets together shouldn't be an issue, I tested it on my site and a contributor/viewer in my Jira Product Discovery project, who has the permission in the Jira Software project to edit issues, can link an idea and an JSW ticket together. Can you please tell me via which interface they are trying to do so, and what is the error message? 

Can you try to open the JSW ticket, click on link issue and try to link it to a Jira Product Discovery idea from there? 

Sufian Siddiqi May 3, 2023

Hi @Hermance NDounga

From the JSW ticket, the user clicks on "Link Issue" and then types in the ID of the JPD idea and clicks the link button. He is then shown the following error every time:

MicrosoftTeams-image (27).png

Sufian Siddiqi May 4, 2023

@Hermance NDounga any thoughts on this?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events