Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPD - View Access management and Required Fields

Karthiga Sethuraj June 6, 2023

Hello,

I have couple of questions on JPD:

1) Is it possible to make certain fields required in a given view/idea creation form instead of making all fields "mandatory"

2) Is there a limitation on the summary field length ? Or is it like any other multi line field type with a max of 32,767 characters?

3) Any rough timelines on when the "stakeholders" role will be released ?

4) I understand that it is NOT possible to make certain views inaccessible for the contributors ? Correct me if I am understanding is wrong. I am asking this because we need to  use the "contributor" role to provide idea submission access to stakeholders(non-product and non-engineering team members). Ideally we do not want our stakeholders to access all of the views and access only the idea view.

5) Is it possible to add a description to a custom field in the idea creation form. As shown in the attached screenshot. Or is there a way to show the custom field description as a hover over text or help text (similar to the "i" information icon in Jira custom fields?

Ghost text feature.PNG

I see there is a way to add "description" to each custom field but I am not sure how that would get displayed in the idea creation view.

Please advise.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2023

1) not at the moment - it's all or nothing

2) It's like any other multi-line text field

3) We don't publish timelines for new features - but we are getting close to an early preview for a subset of users. Will share more about this when it's ready

4) that is correct. We're going to look at this again after we release the stakeholder features, to assess if it's still necessary/urgent. We will eventually implement view-level permissions

5) Today the field description shows up if you hover over the field name, we're adding an "info" icon so that's more discoverable

Karthiga Sethuraj June 8, 2023

Thank you for your quick response! Appreciate it!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events