Intermittent errors with Jira Product Discovery

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

Hi

A colleague and I were customizing the Product discovery project we have set up and have encountered some odd behavior.

Currently we can't access the project at all (see error), like it isn't available. Yet we can access the data and see the renamed fields in JQL (see 2nd screenshot). so at least some of our changes have taken affect.

Question is; Does renaming fields like Goals break anything or is this just a coincidental, unrelated outage we are experiencing? 

PDD error.png

pdd35.png

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2021

Hi everyone, 

It turns our we had our first major incident yesterday which resulted in intermittent errors in the application. The symptoms ranged from not being able to perform some actions (e.g. creating or renaming fields) to not being able to load the project. Everything should now function normally, let us know if that's not the case (there is a separate issue re: editing issue status/workflows which I'll discuss separately).

We are currently doing a post incident review and discussing next steps. One particular area of concern is that our monitoring systems picked up the errors but failed to notify the person on-call. Since the incident happened outside of EU working hours where most of the team is located we only discovered this issue in EU morning; and this explains why you didn't hear from us before today. We are working on fixing that, and also discussing how to best keep you informed when issues like this happen. 

Rest assured that keeping Jira Product Discovery up at all times is our first priority (Reliability > Usability > Features).

cc @Curt Holley @Ben Phenix @Nans Thomas @Jessie Renton 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2021
Like # people like this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
June 17, 2021
Quick update: we had a repeat of the same problem yesterday. All hands are now on deck in the team on 2 fronts:
  1. make sure we restore the system quickly when the issue happens
  2. fix the underlying problem - we have a few candidate fixes we're trying for this

I'll keep you updated.

1 vote
Jessie Renton June 15, 2021

Not an answer but we are experiencing the same issue currently, cant edit project settings/fields/workflow

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

Is a form of answer @Jessie Renton I now know it isn't just us or what we did 😄

Like # people like this
Nans Thomas June 15, 2021

Same Here :) 

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
Ben Phenix June 16, 2021

I've been able to edit fields but the workflows throws the same error as above.  As we only recently began implementation, it wasn't clear if that was a bug or just a button that shouldn't have been available given the other limitations on configurations.  

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events