Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating JPD with Advanced Roadmaps

Seth Mason April 19, 2023

We have the following structure:

Ideas -> Implemented by -> Initiative (JIRA Software) -> Epic -> Story.  We use the "Parent Link" to connect the Epic to the Initiative.

We can easily view the Initiative -> Epic -> Story hierarchy in Advanced roadmaps.

How can I view a list of dependencies between the Initiative and Ideas without having to view the initiative's ticket details? Or rather, How can I look at an Initiative in Advanced Roadmaps and see what Ideas it is implementing?

6 answers

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2023

@Seth Mason @Amanda Barber @Vanessa Scott @Michelle @Elizabeth Sankey @Len Bergman I've just come back from leave and would like to continue talking to customers about this. I've created some available timeslots next week I hope you can book yourself in:

https://calendly.com/rswami-atlassian/jpd-ar

David Nadri August 24, 2023

@Rohan Swami - since your last update a few months ago, are there any updates/insights you could share on how customers are using Jira Product Discovery alongside Advanced Roadmaps? Seeing an example workflow of a real-life use-case in action would be helpful too. cc: @Seth Mason 

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2023

@David Nadri nothing to share at this point. We will continue to invest in improving the integration between JPD and Jira Software/Advanced Roadmaps. Right now they're both powerful, flexible tools. It really depends on what you're trying to achieve!

1 vote
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

I saw on a recent post that @Rohan Swami is setting up interviews for this feature.

Comment from this post: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery/Vision-for-JPD-Jira-Advanced-Roadmaps/td-p/2182985#M771 is shown below

We’re running a round of interviews to understand how customers are using Jira Product Discovery alongside Advanced Roadmaps. If you would like to share feedback to shape the improvements that we make to the product please book time in with me through Calendly https://calendly.com/rswami-atlassian/jpd-ar

0 votes
J P June 6, 2023

@Rohan Swami If you have more availability, it would be great to snag time to connect and share how we are using and trying to figure out our process & tooling between Jira Advanced Roadmaps & JPD across our product groups .

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
June 7, 2023
0 votes
Vanessa Scott April 20, 2023

Great question! I am also very interested in a solution for this as we are AR users and are about to start using JPD too. 

0 votes
Michelle April 20, 2023

Same here! Also trying to figure out the best approach for the following structure: Objectives > Ideas > Initiatives (Jira) > Epics > Stories

0 votes
Todd Johnson April 19, 2023

If you figure this out, please let us know! Trying to figure out the best approach at my workplace too!

Elizabeth Sankey April 20, 2023

Also interested in this, would be amazing to have a solution

Len Bergman April 20, 2023

I am also interested in a solution to this.  We are trying to figure out how to "link" ideas to initiatives in Advanced Roadmaps

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events