Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insights from Email into JPD?

Mel Hungate October 20, 2022

I'm wondering if there's a clean way to get an outlook email thread added as an insight into Jira Product Discovery? 

2 answers

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2022

@Mel Hungate today it's only possible if you use the Web version of outlook, using the Chrome extension, to add parts of an email as an insight to an idea.

Tere Pile January 31, 2024

@Tanguy Crusson Question is will JPD support the Outlook app eventually as a 'link' even if not part of insights

Technically outlook app it 'works' w/a pretty big flow, no attachment: 
I can search an item and find the JPD ticket, I can select add email, comment and paste body to comment - it accepts the action - but ticket does not actually have the attachment, it will show the comment(s) only. 

I can create from outlook - but its an empty shell of a ticket w/no attachment.  Now if I use the "paste email contents" to description, that provides the detail, but the email is still not 'in JPD'

0 votes
Jan-Hendrik Spieth October 20, 2022

If creating ideas from a single mail message, or adding certain text snippets to a new idea or to existing ideas, sounds interesting/useful:

Try opening Outlook in Edge (or Chrome of course), and use the Google Chrome extension. Edge is Chromium, so the extension works there, as well.

Also, and I haven't tried this - but I think it's possible - you can do sth there via Power Automate. Here's a template that looks promising for starters:
https://powerautomate.microsoft.com/en-US/templates/details/7619073fdfe0468d996406eeaec3238e/create-an-issue-in-jira-for-a-flagged-email/

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events