Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea with dealine

lprada May 4, 2022

Hi, sometimes an idea has a deadline, for example yo have committed the ideas to a big client or you need it to be done because your tecnhnology will be deprecated. I have create a deadline field but I whant to have a formula that gives me days until deadline is this posible? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2022

Hi @lprada I'm not sure if what @Nina Thomas suggested would work (I need to check with the team if the expression language supports date manipulations already), but there's something you could do today which is to format the field to highlight ideas with a date coming up in the next X days: https://www.loom.com/share/9d81db81b4d94f8c8fee549925cd562b

lprada May 4, 2022

Thanks

0 votes
Nina Thomas May 4, 2022

Have you tried using the fx (Formula) field type to create a formula expression from scratch?

image.png

lprada May 4, 2022

I dont know what expression to use this? {deadline} -{now}

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2022

I've just checked with the team and unfortunately we don't support date manipulation in the formula fields... Yet!

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
lprada May 4, 2022

Ok, I will use the format for the time being.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events