Idea Template

Jeremy West June 25, 2022

Is there a way to create a template in the idea description?

I note in the original Atlassian video showing the Product Discovery platform you have what appears to be a template in there, that closely aligns to the one we currently use.

I had a look in issue configuration but dont see the idea issue type appear for configuration and was unable to find it in any of the other usual places.

If it does not exist currently, this would be really nice to save copy and pasting it onto each issue.

6 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2022
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2022

@Jeremy West @Jonathan Hau @Chris Timms @Sophie Tessier I've just turned the feature on for you

Like # people like this
Sophie Tessier June 29, 2022

Thanks! This is helpful! 

Hope emoji's will be added someday, but this is just a nice to have! ;) 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
June 29, 2022

Emojis where @Sophie Tessier ?

Sophie Tessier June 29, 2022

Capture d’écran, le 2022-06-29 à 08.41.23.png

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
June 29, 2022

oooh gotcha. 

Have you tried this? (type a colon, then you can search by typing more text)

Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 14.55.13.png

Like Omer Meshar likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
June 29, 2022

aaaaaand it looks like that doesn't work in the template editor. We'll look into it!

Like # people like this
5 votes
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
June 28, 2022

Hi everyone, I was just about to create a post in the community to announce that you could start using idea description templates today, and bam, I found a blocker bug while recording a demo 🥶

So I'll revert to: "It's coming really soon!"

Screenshot 2022-06-28 at 12.57.50.png

Jonathan Hau June 28, 2022

This is so exciting! I'm really loving the direction JPD is going. This is yet another example of exactly the kind of feature that my team is going to love.

2 votes
Sophie Tessier June 25, 2022

I made a template in Confluence and I copy/paste it every time I create a new Idea. 

However, I would prefer set it in the configuration panel, and have it automatically when I create the idea. 

1 vote
Chris Timms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2022

Hey @Jeremy West ,

Best way I can think to achieve this right now would be via automation.

• When issue is created
  • Add X detail to issue description

Alternatively, you could componentise your template into individual fields, use my answer to How to best transfer info from Jira Service Management (Feedback) to Jira Product Discovery (Ideas) to build a form to capture all ideas on a template and combine them into the description field in JPD.

Although I will cross my fingers for you and hope you have spotted an as yet unreleased feature the JPD team are working on :D

-C

0 votes
Aateka Shashank May 22, 2023

Any updates on this template feature @Tanguy Crusson ?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
May 23, 2023

Yes: you can use it, see responses in the threads above (open an idea, click on "templates" below the idea description)

Like Aateka Shashank likes this
0 votes
Jonathan Hau June 27, 2022

Also, you could potentially create a "Template" Idea by simply making an idea contain the templated description, then "Cloning" or "Duplicating" that idea, instead of creating the idea each time. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events