Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Idea Template

Is there a way to create a template in the idea description?

I note in the original Atlassian video showing the Product Discovery platform you have what appears to be a template in there, that closely aligns to the one we currently use.

I had a look in issue configuration but dont see the idea issue type appear for configuration and was unable to find it in any of the other usual places.

If it does not exist currently, this would be really nice to save copy and pasting it onto each issue.

5 answers

1 accepted

@Jeremy West @Jonathan Hau @Chris Timms @stessier I've just turned the feature on for you

Like # people like this

Thanks! This is helpful! 

Hope emoji's will be added someday, but this is just a nice to have! ;) 

Emojis where @stessier ?

oooh gotcha. 

Have you tried this? (type a colon, then you can search by typing more text)

Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 14.55.13.png

Like Omer Meshar likes this

aaaaaand it looks like that doesn't work in the template editor. We'll look into it!

Like # people like this
5 votes

Hi everyone, I was just about to create a post in the community to announce that you could start using idea description templates today, and bam, I found a blocker bug while recording a demo 🥶

So I'll revert to: "It's coming really soon!"

Screenshot 2022-06-28 at 12.57.50.png

This is so exciting! I'm really loving the direction JPD is going. This is yet another example of exactly the kind of feature that my team is going to love.

I made a template in Confluence and I copy/paste it every time I create a new Idea. 

However, I would prefer set it in the configuration panel, and have it automatically when I create the idea. 

Hey @Jeremy West ,

Best way I can think to achieve this right now would be via automation.

• When issue is created
  • Add X detail to issue description

Alternatively, you could componentise your template into individual fields, use my answer to How to best transfer info from Jira Service Management (Feedback) to Jira Product Discovery (Ideas) to build a form to capture all ideas on a template and combine them into the description field in JPD.

Although I will cross my fingers for you and hope you have spotted an as yet unreleased feature the JPD team are working on :D

-C

Also, you could potentially create a "Template" Idea by simply making an idea contain the templated description, then "Cloning" or "Duplicating" that idea, instead of creating the idea each time. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events