cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger checkbox field in automation rule

David
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2024

I have an automation rule that when trigged, I want to set a custom checkbox field. I'm not having success getting this field to update. In chatting with Jira Support, they say a JPD checkbox field is handled differently than a checkbox field in other Jira projects.

Does anyone know how this might be done. I'll include a screenshot of this part of the rule

checkboxautomation.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ka Silveira March 5, 2024

Hey David, if I understand... it's here:

to mark the checkbox:
{
"fields": {
"customfield_10159": 1
}
}

to unmark the checkbox:

{
"customfield_10159": null
}
}

David
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2024

@Ka Silveira - Perfect. That did exactly what I needed it to do. Thanks

Like Ka Silveira likes this
0 votes
David
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2024

I was told by jira support that a value of 1 is checked and 0 is unchecked, but I still get the error below.

ID-12 (Specify a number for the custom field (below 100,000,000,000,000) (customfield_10159))

Ka Silveira March 5, 2024

try the block that I have sent, it's work to me and my checkbox custom field. :)

lila August 11, 2024

@Ka Silveira it doesnt work for me. Do you have conditional before each block?
ie if a field is empty> edit issue field with block
{
"customfield_10159": null
}
}

if a field is not empty> edit issue field with
{
"customfield_10159": 1 
}
}