Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to submit an idea anonymously

大久保早輝 May 27, 2024

I'd like to be able to submit anonymously so that many contributors can submit their ideas on Jira product discovery. (Pople having creator permission should know who submitted idea. )

Is there a better way to do this than to automate the editing of the reporter field after the idea is generated?

Thankyou.

1 answer

0 votes
ManuR
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2024

Hello @大久保早輝 

Could you give a bit more details as to what you mean by "anonymously submit" ideas?

Are you looking to make sure that contributors who are creating ideas on your project are not tagged as the idea reporter?

Currently, if an idea is created by a contributor, they should also be listed as the idea creator/reporter on the corresponding fields.

Cheers,
Manu | The Atlassian Team

大久保早輝 May 28, 2024

@ManuR 

Thanks for the reply.

I want contributors to not know who submit an idea.

And even if creator/reporter field is populated , I don't want other contributors to see the field.

I'm sorry for my poor English.

Thank you.

ManuR
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2024

@大久保早輝 

Thank you for the additional details and no worries at all!

That being said, it is not possible with JPD to hide specific fields for roles which means that anything a creator can see on a JPD project will also be visible to its contributors.

As an alternative, and if you are also using Jira Service Management, what you could do is use an intake form to retrieve ideas from contributors and then use an automation to automatically create a matching idea in your JPD project with the infos from that new JSM request as well as link both idea and request together.

That way, a generic reporter would be displayed on the matching ideas in JPD so that contributors wouldn't be able to identify who created it, and creators would be able to refer to the linked JSM request to see who actually raised it.

Cheers,
Manu | The Atlassian Team

Like 大久保早輝 likes this
大久保早輝 May 28, 2024

@ManuR 

Thanks for the reply!

After experimenting with that method, I was able to confirm that the reporter field is "Automation for Jira".

However, can JPD ideas and JSM requests share fields in the way using JSM?

And can an auto-raised idea ticket automatically insert values into the fields?

Thankyou.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events