Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to best transfer info from Jira Service Management (Feedback) to Jira Product Discovery (Ideas)?

We've started to use Jira Service Management to collect feedback from our teams (mostly internal feedback) for the product team.

Once the product manager refines the feedback and if it's a new idea, we've set up an automation to clone it in Jira Product Discovery.

Two questions:

1. For information from a JSM form, what's the best way to get that to flow over to JPD?
  2. For JSM fields, what's the best way to have those be cloned?

The 'Move' feature handles this much better than 'Clone' but it looks like Jira doesn't support 'Move' through automation.

1 answer

1 vote

Hi Brent, sorry we couldn't get to your question today, but we'll do tomorrow!

Thanks! This was very helpful :)

We are using the Jira Service Management forms (for a few things, but not everything). Is there a way to get the form info over as well to Jira Product Discovery @Tanguy Crusson ?

I haven't tested that but I don't think that would work - unless Project Automation gives you a way to map the content of the form to fields in Jira Product Discovery. I've asked the team working on Forms to weigh in on this. 

Like brent_johnson likes this

@brent_johnson I actually have found a way to do what you are asking via automations. It might be a little clunky long-term but my expectation is that as JPD matures it becomes more integrated into the existing tools.

So, what have I set up?

• A JSM project, with a form in it that creates a JSM issue. This is accessible by my entire Org and is used for submitting ideas.
  • An automation that takes some of the data from the JSM issue and uses it to create a JPD issue. The JPD project does not allow most of my Org to create issues directly - the only way for most is through the form.

below is a screenshot of the automation I have that seems to do the job very well for now:

1.png

One important thing to note is that my form has all of it's fields connected to Jira, so the details are actually logged on the JSM issue as it is created. There is not currently a way to transfer a form over to an idea.

Right now, all the details from my JSM ticket are copied into the description and during refinement the relevant detail is added to the relevant fields.  

Like Jonathan Hau likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you