Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically fill start date and due date in issues from Jira Tempo Planner

Sławomir Jałoszyński May 21, 2024

When planning issuse in Planner Tempo, how can I automatically fill in the fields in Jira: start date and due date?
In the settings, I have the "Use start and end times when planning time" option enabled.

I need the function to automatically present the timeline on Jira Product Discovery by changing scheduled dates.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2024

Hello Slawomir, 

Jira Product Discovery doesn't support integrations with third party apps. However, is this field a normal date field in your Jira Software project? If yes, link one jira software ticket in the delivery panel of an idea. then go in your Jira Product Discovery dates fields and the field to use to override dates should be available in the fields settings. 

Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 17.57.43.png

Sławomir Jałoszyński May 21, 2024

Hello @Hermance NDounga ,

I have already made such a connection in Discovery, so I am looking for a solution for a situation in which I plan work in Tempo Planner, selecting a given issue, e.g. for May 21,

Zrzut ekranu 3.png

and as a result, the "start date" and "due date" fields are filled in Jira Software.

Zrzut ekranu 2.png

I have these exact fields associated with Jira Discovery as "start date" = "project start" and "due date" = "project target"

Zrzut ekranu 2024-05-21 195104.png

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2024

Hi Sławomir, 

On your second screenshot, the start date and end date of your issue are empty, the value is "None". The dates are not correctly filled from tempo to Jira software. So, nothing is reflected in Jira Product Discovery.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 10.35.31.png

if you just place two random dates here, you should see them reflected in Jira Product Discovery. 

So, based on the screenshots, the problem is that your tempo values are not copied into the issue. so I'd suggest to contact the tempo support team or create a ticket with Jira Software support. 

Cheers

Hermance

Like Sławomir Jałoszyński likes this
Sławomir Jałoszyński May 22, 2024

I found a solution. After changing the Tempo setting to synchronization for an individual user after planning, the issue date is completed automatically.

Zrzut ekranu 22.05.png

Next step is planning using "sync" option:

Zrzut ekranu 3.png

Therefore, in Jira Product Discovery, the dates are complete.

Thank you for your commitment and help!

Like Hermance NDounga likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events