Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should the permissions be set to allow for a normal jira user to see ideas?

Joost Reijnen December 20, 2021

Hi,

So, awesome to be here! When I initially set up a project I picked the access to be set to 'private', now when I change it to either 'limited' or 'open', and no matter what people I add to what roles, it seems that only Jira admins can see the project. There are no global permissions that exist JPD, so it has to be something inside the JSD itself.

What am I missing here?

Thanks! Joost

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2021

Hi Joost, 

Sorry to hear that! I just tried but couldn't reproduce your issue. 2 options:

• could you record a video (e.g. using loom.com) for how you're trying to do this. You can share it with us using the "Give feedback" button in the app
  • or book a time here so we can troubleshoot this together? https://calendly.com/tcrusson/30min-1

Cheers,
Tanguy

Joost Reijnen December 20, 2021

Hi Tanguy,

Before taking the recording I was looking around in the 'product access' section of the Jira administration and noticed an empty block and then some groups with one of them being 'jira-product-discovery-users', so that must be the product access section that I was looking for, it just misses content for the h3 header there. I don't see any errors popping up in console or anywhere. I have then added the infamous jira-software-users group there which we still use and now it works like a charm. 

I am not sure whether this means the switching of the access level is not working, I think it does not work, but I do know at least that there is a visual defect that will make it quite hard for anyone to find the product access section for Jira Product Discovery. I won't be touching the access restriction configuration in Jira Product Discovery anymore though before having looked around a bit more.

Attached is a screenshot here.

So, solved for me, thanks - Joost

2021-12-20 20_26_37-Window.png

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2021

Oh wow, thanks Joost, we'll look into it. 

Typically we tell people to open the Jira Product Discovery project, and go to Project Settings > Access.

Did you try that before? Is that what wasn't working for you?

Joost Reijnen December 21, 2021

Hi Tanguy,

Yes, that wasn't/isn't working for me. I think it switches product access for the group called 'jira-product-discovery-users', and maybe that isn't populated with users if in the first set-up you choose for private in the access, that is just a guess though. Regardless, the integration to generic product access features works fine now.

Joost

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
January 10, 2022

OK we finally found the root cause for this, a fix is on its way. Thanks Joost!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events