cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export in JPD doesn't handle dates correctly

Steven Connolly
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 6, 2024

When i export a view from JPD and a cell includes a date, the export moves the date backwards one value.  For instance, 4/2 becomes 4/1 in the file.  May, 2024 becomes Apr, 2024.  Jul-Sep 2024 becomes Jun-Sep 2024.  I should add that the field I'm exporting from on JPD is a Date Field and the field can be input as either a Day, Month or Quarter.  

1 answer

2 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2024

Hi @Steven Connolly -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I just reproduced that same symptom.  When I checked the CSV file, Jira had already shifted the dates before export...so this is not an interpretation issue by the spreadsheet app.

Specifically, it appears to be subtracting 1 from the "start" value in the stored date range for the JPD date field.

I did not find an open defect for this in the public backlog, so you may want to ask your Jira Site Admin to submit it here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Kind regards,
Bill

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2024

FYI for @Tanguy Crusson in case this one has not been seen yet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events