Date field in the "create an idea" form

Paolo Pastorino May 24, 2023

Hi, I may have missed the specific reference, but I cannot have a date field appearing the "create an idea" form.

All my views have date fields that cannot be used (see image below)

jpd fields.jpg

I would need the business to be able to add a target date by when they would expect a certain feature to be developed.

Ideas?

Thanks

Paolo

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2023

Hi @Paolo Pastorino I would suggest doing this as a text field for now. It might be more helpful this way as your business stakeholders can include some context about the date (hard deadline vs nice to have etc).

Hi @Rohan Swami we would need to use a date field as that would help us to build the "target business roadmap" (in a timeline view) to be then compared to the "product delivery roadmap".

I am using other fields to track priorities, ranking, etc for the business

Like Rohan Swami likes this
0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi @Paolo Pastorino 

May I ask, what kind of view you are not able to add fields in it?

Any view I build in a specific JPD project

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

You mean views and dates like the "Expected Date" I show below?

another view.pngdate on jpd.png

Yes, correct.

If I use a field that has a date, I cannot have it available in the form used by contributors to create an idea

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

I see now. Yes I can confirm that fields added to the form are limited. And you can't have dates unfortunately.

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

You know what I'm thinking? Maybe you can create a template with a table inside, so that you guide the contributors in filling in the form correctly. One of the rows in the table will have the name "Date" and the contributor will have to fill in the date on the next cell.

Then, using automation you can extract (possibly) the date value using smart values and place it on your date custom field. With a bit of trial and error you could achieve that. However there are no guarantees that the user will fill in the date on the table.

Yes, it's feasible but quite convoluted.

@Rohan Swami as getting a "target date" from the business is a key item in the discovery/demand process, when would think this feature is going to be available?

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

@Paolo Pastorino I'm not a member or an employee of Atlassian or belong to the JPD team :/

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2023

@Paolo Pastorino I can't promise a timeframe at this point unfortunately. We'll review our prioritisation as we get more feedback from customers about the feature, we only just released it.

Like Paolo Pastorino likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events