cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Initative

Ken Young
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2022

QQ:  In the Delivery Screen, there is the "Create Epic" option that allows you to create epics, stories or tasks.  Can/Will this be extensible to allow for creating other issue types (i.e. like Create Initiative) to help bridge the planning process with tools like advanced roadmaps?

We are currently using Aha! for some planning purposes, but a limitation for us with that tool is that it only syncs with Jira at the epic and story level.  We work around it, but having the capability to add the additional initiative layer above would provide a natural split for when we assign stories to different teams (i.e. story per team) for larger projects.

Thx

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ken Young
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2022

We do have advanced roadmaps, but I hadn't selected a project that had initiative configured (my bad) .  Once I do, it works.   

I noticed from the roadmap for Product Discover that Hierarchy's are coming in the future, so it will be exciting to see how we can get our Product Manager's integrated into product discovery to clean up on product mgmt process.  Will wait on the announcement of that feature being added

1 vote
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Hi Ken

Do you have Advanced Roadmaps currently? As you can create the higher 'Initiative' level from the Delivery screen if you do.

See below example. Note: we call them SAFe Epics, not Initiatives

pdd.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events