Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Connect Slack Channel' functionality for Ideas in JPD?

Alex Galler May 21, 2024

Hello,

I was wondering if there was anything in the works to add the 'Connect Slack channel' functionality into Jira Product Discovery for Ideas (or if I am missing a configuration somewhere on our project). We've got the slack integration all set up and it generally works well, but having to manually invite the jirabot to different channels and then create a custom filter for specific Ideas via JQL kinda stinks. 

Our use case:

We've just introduced the concept of an expedited review on new feature requests submitted by out GTM team. An example of something that would require expedited review are things like potential contractual commits to a new feature delivery to win a new deal.

For these types of Ideas, we'd like to connect the Idea to a specific slack channel to increase collaboration between stakeholders.

Any ideas on how to make this less manual than the above? Adding the 'Connect Slack channel' functionality to Ideas would be cool! 

1 answer

0 votes
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2024

Hey Alex! 

Are you referring to a feature that exists in your other Jira projects and not in Jira Product Discovery? Do you have a screenshot of the feature or maybe the name of the app? 

Cheers, 

Hermance

Alex Galler June 20, 2024

Hi @Hermance NDounga - apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I must have missed the notification that you responded to me! 

Yes, I am referring to a feature that exists in our other Jira projects and not in JPD. See attached screenshot. We use Slack as our primary communication tool and it would be great to enable stakeholders to collaborate on Ideas via Slack to foster faster/easier communication.

Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 12.09.04.pngScreenshot 2024-06-20 at 12.09.34.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events