Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot edit existing fields and their values, or create new fields - as a creator

Andrew De Mesquita
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 11, 2024

I have recently been given creator access to JPD. I am trying to migrate our org from spreadsheets to using this for our roadmaping and stakeholder collaboration tool. 

I have used it in the past with some success. 

The issue I am having is that my IT team have added me as a Creator however I am unable to edit any fields or their values. I am also unable to create new fields. 

Just to confirm I believe I am a creator on the project as I can create tickets, edit tickets and create / edit views. 

Any idea what might be going on here? I think it might have something to do with my IT team's overarching user management and permissions set up but i have not been able to direct them to the problem. 

cheers!

andrew

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
lila August 11, 2024

Creator is your product access, however you also need an administrator role to edit fields etc 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2024

Yep, the problem is we call 2 different things with the same name, that's confusing... But basically: 

• Being a creator on the site means you have product access = a product license
  • Then, in each project, you can be added with a specific project role. By default, projects have 3 roles: project admin, creator, contributor. 

So in your case you are already a creator in the site, now you also need to be added as a project admin on the project where you want to create fields. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events