Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you lock a view and provide permissions

Brian Channell April 2, 2023

When viewing a list, I'd like the ability for certain people to lock the view and others to just view without filtering. The use case is that my TPM needs to filter views by assignee so that we can evaluate workload balance. This means toggling filters. 

Adding the ability to lock a view would be great. Thanks.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2024

Hi all, we're currently testing this as part of the upcoming JPD Premium edition

Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 19.07.44.png

3 votes
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2023

Thanks @Brian Channell , we don't support this today but it's already on the roadmap. In the meantime @Amanda Barber 's suggestion should work for you (not ideal, but should do the job)

Evgeniya Rabinovich
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 22, 2024

1 vote
Solaiman, Raouf January 12, 2024

Looking forward to this one!... would be a HUGE help for our enterprise. 

1 vote
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

One idea might be to create a view, but then save it as a new list or board for those use cases? You could then group them together in the side bar. I also think some of this will be achievable with the new updates coming for permissions.

2023-04-03_07-52-29.png

Brian Channell April 3, 2023

Hey Amanda, thanks. I am doing that workaround and placing in a folder as you suggested. It's just cumbersome and looking forward to permissions feature. 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Tom Bennett June 4, 2024

Any update on this given it was on the roadmap in April 2023?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
June 5, 2024

Yep, the team is currently building this - however note that the plan is currently to include it in an upcoming Premium edition for JPD. 

Like Evgeniya Rabinovich likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events