Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I display a JPD Roadmap view on a Confluence page?

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2023

We have some Customer Success folks who would benefit from seeing the roadmap view that we've created, but they do not currently have JIRA access. Is there a way to embed the view I've created into a Confluence page (similar to how you can embed Jira roadmaps?) Or, is this on the radar for the future? I'd like something that can automatically update as things change on the JPD board, so I'd prefer not to need to export an image and update that image in Confluence regularly. Thanks!

3 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

5 votes
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2023

Hi all, the part where this works for people without a Jira license is being actively worked on right now. It's coming!

Zac Coleman February 14, 2023

That's excellent news. Thanks for letting us know! 

Karen Rebello February 16, 2023

Do you have an ETA? Is it planned for this quarter?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2023

We never communicate dates - we've been doing this for a while and as soon as you post a date in a public forum, Murphy's law hits hard, or Dementors start appearing out of nowhere. Sometimes even he who shall not be named himself. 

So: we're working on it, 3 out of the 4 founding engineers of Jira Product Discovery are on this. It's very important for you and for us. 

Like # people like this
3 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2023

Yes, that is possible. All you have to do is go to the Roadmap view, click on Share and copy the URL and then past the URL directly onto the Confluence page (don't use the link macro) and that will add the view similar to this:

Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 1.34.16 PM.png

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2023

Sorry, missed the part about Jira access. The above only works for users that have Jira access at the moment, but hopefully that will change in the future.

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2023

Thanks so much, @Mikael Sandberg - that's helpful! Hopefully in the future, we can change who can see this view but I appreciate your response! Of course, now that you've explained it, it's so obvious that this would do the trick, haha!

Justin Koke December 6, 2023

We have noticed that while the embed is working 🥳 The links within the embed do not 😥 On hover the "links" show the appropriate hand icon, but are non-clickable.

Is this an issue others have seen? I have replicated the behaviour in Chrome, Safari, Brave and Firefox. 

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 12.36.06 PM.png

@Tanguy Crusson and team, is this a known issue? JQL Filter embeds have been implemented with clickable links.

Cheers,

Justin

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
December 7, 2023

@Justin Koke that's a limitation of the current solution. We're super close to releasing a new way to share JPD views (with anyone who has an Atlassian account, even if they're not in the site) and as part of that we're going to change how the embeds work.

Like Justin Koke likes this
2 votes
Zac Coleman February 13, 2023

I have a similar requirement to provide visibility for internal stakeholders that don't have a JIRA license.

Sufian Siddiqi October 30, 2023

Hey @Tanguy Crusson @Mikael Sandberg I just noticed the above now only embeds the links in confluence. It doesn't expand into a the roadmap view anymore.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
October 31, 2023

@Sufian Siddiqi it still works for me. Can you please share the URL you're trying to paste in the Confluence page? I'd like to check its format

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
November 1, 2023

OK, I see what's going on. You have the new "share" experience turned on (that's only used by ~30 customers today in preview).

For this to work today you'll have to copy the URL from your browser's tab. 

We're going to fix this, thanks!

Sufian Siddiqi November 2, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson tried that too..all we get is the URL hyperlinked on the confluence page 

Adriana Domínguez Eguiarte November 7, 2023

Hi  @Tanguy Crusson , I also have the same problem as @Sufian Siddiqi . I get the URL hyperlinked on a confluence page, but I cannot see the view itself embedded in Confluence...

The link I tried to copy, resultant from the share and copy of a view:  https://inditex.atlassian.net/jira/polaris/projects/POPS/ideas/view/3511957?fullscreen=true

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
November 7, 2023

Thanks, I've asked the team to investigate

Like # people like this
Alex Spence
Atlassian Team
November 8, 2023

@Sufian Siddiqi @Adriana Domínguez Eguiarte Sorry you're facing this issue, thank you for reporting it

We think we found the problem: if you share a fullscreen mode view (see `?fullscreen=true` in your URL) it will not convert into an embed.

Rest assured we'll fix this, but for the time being you may use the view as an embed if it does not contain `fullscreen=true` in the URL, i.e. try copying the URL not in fullscreen

Hopefully this solves the problem

Adriana Domínguez Eguiarte November 8, 2023

@Alex Spence thank you for working on it.

The problem persists however when using the link: https://inditex.atlassian.net/jira/polaris/projects/POPS/ideas/view/3511957

Adriana Domínguez Eguiarte December 7, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson in our case the embed is still not working :(

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
December 7, 2023

@Adriana Domínguez Eguiarte would you mind doing a screen recording and sending it to tcrusson@atlassian.com ? We discussed and think there are different reasons this could happen but it's hard to validate with more info. Thanks!

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
December 13, 2023

@Adriana Domínguez Eguiarte Thank you for sending a Loom! I see what's going on there. The solution is pretty simple: 

instead of clicking to add a link to the page and give it a name, etc. -- Just paste the link in the page (keyboard shortcut: Ctrl-V or Cmd-V, or mouse right-click > paste). The link will be recognized by Confluence and the view will be embedded

Adriana Domínguez Eguiarte December 13, 2023

Hello @Tanguy Crusson , it still doesn't work :(.

I can send you a loom for you to see it...

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
December 13, 2023

Yep, unfortunately I understood what your problem is and we can't solve it today: that's because you use Jira Product Discovery in the Cloud and Confluence Server (self-hosted). It doesn't work in that case (only Cloud to Cloud)

Adriana Domínguez Eguiarte December 14, 2023

Thank you @Tanguy Crusson for all your help! Is the solution to this problem in your backlog and if yes, do you have an estimation about when the solution to this problem could come? Just to know if we are talking about a few months, more than a year, years...

Melanie Kostarakis January 29, 2024

Hi @Tanguy Crusson I have been going through all the comments on these posts, and we have a similar requirement, to share JPD Roadmap with Stakeholders that do not have Atlassian Access. Reading all of the above I am unclear if this is an option yet and/or if it is part of your upcoming releases?

In addition, we also have a requirement to allow for stakeholders also to post ideas also without an Atlassian access - so same question as above: is this an option yet and/or if it is part of your upcoming releases?

Thanks a lot in advance and please let me know if this is not the right forum for this request

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events