Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Layoffs

Aaron Mosny March 7, 2023

Given the Atlassian layoffs announced this week, will this impact Jira Product Discovery development or launch timelines?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2023

Hey @Aaron Mosny (and thanks Jens, Alex)

Confirming that the news yesterday won't impact our roadmap or trajectory. We'll be in touch soon with all customers. 

Cheers,

John (JPD)

Aaron Mosny March 7, 2023

Thank you for the swift reply. The atlassian team has my condolences to those that were affected. The organization that I'm part of also took part in a reduction in force this week and it's never easy.

Many thanks to you all for the great products you produce!

John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2023

I appreciate that @Aaron Mosny 

Same to you and your teams :) 

Jeny Stoeva March 8, 2023

Hi @John McKiernan , 

I think we are all happy to hear your confirmation, having a vested interest in the JPD  success :) Truly sorry for the news!

Like John McKiernan likes this
0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2023

Hi @Aaron Mosny I believe that @Jens Schumacher - Released_so said it right. The blog post didn't mention any other specific department apart those mentioned by Jens. However, I wouldn't find it extremely impossible to have minor delays.

0 votes
Jens Schumacher - Released_so
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2023

Based on the public blog post, the layoffs largely affected departments like talent acquisition, customer research and program management. 

Therefore I believe the impact on Product Discovery appears to be minimal. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events