cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignee field not on Create dialog

Gary Spross
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2024

The Assignee field exists within the view that I have selected within the "Create ideas" section of my project settings, however that field does not appear on the create dialog screen.

No "Assignee" field on the create dialog:

Screenshot 2024-06-10 144330.png

"Assignee" field exists within the view:

Screenshot 2024-06-10 144303.png

The "All ideas" view is selected in the "Create ideas" section of the project settings:

Screenshot 2024-06-10 144640.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2024

@Gary Spross it looks like the information box under the form preview in your last image gives you your answer:

'The following fields won't be shown: Comments, Insights, Status, Assignee"

I don't know if there's any way around this, maybe someone from Atlassian can help

Gary Spross
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2024

I don't know how I overlooked that. Thanks for pointing that out.

What doesn't make sense is, if you open the "Create" dialog from outside the JPD project, it shows basically all the fields, including the Assignee field. If you populate the Assignee field and create the idea, it works and the Assignee field is populated as desired. So if the idea creation can support an Assignee value being provided, why wouldn't it be a field that is available on the "Create" dialog within the JPD project? It's not like it isn't supported...

The fact that the "Create" screens are different has been brought up (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-questions/Create-button-when-not-in-JDP-project/qaq-p/2463555?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=&utm_content=post). As of August 2023, Atlassian indicated they are working to "clean this up", however without a public roadmap, there's no timeline for a rollout. Would be nice to get this corrected AND to be able to customize the fields on the Create screen in JPD projects, instead of using views.

Screenshot 2024-06-11 092223.png

Gary Spross
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2024

@Tanguy Crusson ,

Can you give a timeline for the following? Are these things even on the JPD roadmap?

1. JPD Create dialog consistency
    1. Create screen from inside a JPD project is different than Create screen accessed outside a JPD project
  2. Ability to customize JPD Create screen by fields as opposed to aligning to a view
  3. Support for the Assignee field being placed on the Create screen (may go along with #2)

Thanks,

Gary

1 vote
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2024

Hi @Gary Spross ,

Thank you for sharing this feedback. I've reported it to engineering to review.

We're aware there is inconsistent behavior when creating an idea inside the JPD project vs. outside the project, and a template is applied.

Not sure when this will be corrected, but again - it's something we are aware of. We suggest continue following along with the Community where our team is sharing releases and updates frequently.

Apologies for any inconvenience!

Gary Spross
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2024

Thanks for the response @Nick H! Looking forward to an improved idea creation experience in the future.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events