Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Are there list of insights view somewhere?

Hi
I normally use and like these levels:

- Insight

- Problem/opportunity (normally a pain, job or gain)

- Solution

Insights come from customer interviews, market research or competitors analysis and feed opportunities. (productboard does also differentiate like this)

I know you are working on a way to better distinguish problems from solutions inputs so that they can be visualised more easily from a tree.

However, my questions are:

1. Are there ways to register new insights from outside the main idea object so that you don't necessarily link an insight to a particular opportunity from the beginning but maybe later?

2. Thus, is there a way to visualise insights in a list? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Oriol, 

For the moment, insights aren't an independent entity in Jira Product Discovery. They can only be stored and attached to an idea.

In that way, it is unfortunately not possible to create insights that wouldn't belong to an idea or to be able to search in JQL all insights for a specific project. 

We've received a lot of feedback regarding this matter, so it is definitely something we are planning to improve, and I will add your feedback to it. 

Regarding the solution/opportunity level, Tanguy had recorded a short demo to show how you could categorize your idea to create this type of structure. 

Cheers, 

Hermance 

Great! understood. Thanks Hermance

@Hermance NDounga Do you know how I can post in slack whenever an Insight is added to an idea? I could not include insights in the JQL Query.

Hi @Taher Abdel Hadi  for the moment, insights aren't supported via the API or via JQL. We are aware of this issue and we have it on our roadmap to solve it :) 

Thanks for letting me know :)

@Hermance NDounga independent insights are definitely needed!! I would really like to be able to create a "note" in JPD, and then tag insights from that note to multiple ideas. This way I can have a single source of truth for an insight, rather than having to recreate it on multiple ideas.

This also ties to Can you pull customer data from Salesforce? (atlassian.com), because I'd like to have the customer information associated with the note instead of having to add a link from SF every time to pull that information.

I'd be happy to do a discovery call to provide more context!

Like # people like this

Hi @Hermance NDounga , any news about Insights becoming independent entities? Is this a short-term thing or something you're still considering?

I just started exploring JPD and it's looking amazing, but I don't believe I can migrate my company to it without having independent insights.

A lot of our "feature request" workflows are dependent on this - today our technical support, sales, etc. submit their insights, and then the product team "triages" these insights and connect them to ideas/features. I don't expect our stakeholders to triage their insights by themselves.

Thanks!

Like # people like this

Approximately when is this feature planned ? I really need this to edit the insights and move them around easily.

Thx

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events