Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding shared field to Product Discovery list

Seth Mason February 9, 2022

We've got a number of Software projects that use a common field. How can I add this field to a Product Discovery list? I'm the project admin for my Product Discovery project. For example, I have other projects that use a common "customers" field, in which I tag all customers that are related to the ticket.  However, I cannot seem to add this "customers" field to my Product Discovery project.  

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Hanna
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2022

Hi @Seth Mason

Let me clarify your question. Do you want to use the same field across Jira Software and Product discovery or between Jira Product Discovery projects? 

Even though we currently don't support a possibility to cross-use fields in Jira Software - Jira Product Discovery projects and between Product Discovery projects, we see a need for it and have it in our roadmap. 

Any details on your use case will help us make a better product, feel free to share more with us  🙂 

Cheers!
Hanna

Seth Mason February 10, 2022

Hanna,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Our use-case is to have a Product Discovery project which is for PMs and then the "ideas" map to engineering epics that reside in JIRA software projects.

In JIRA software we have project templates that, for example, have a common field "customers" and it provides consistency for any JIRA software project that is using that field. For example, we may have 5 JIRA software projects that all use this field. I'd like to be able to use that exact same field now in a Product Discovery project so that I'm not populating it from scratch.  Even better would be if a JIRA software epic could inherit the "customers" field from the parent Product Discovery idea.

Hanna
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2022

Hey @Seth Mason

Thank you for providing this context! I captured it in our roadmap item for Jira Software and Jira Product discovery integration.
We'll announce in the community when we'll have updates on this.

Best, 
Hanna

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events