Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Jira issues to ideas

Zuzana Sekerova October 15, 2021

We have an integration between Help Scout (our support platform) and Jira Software.  Our support team creates Jira issues in a specific project and we track the number of linked support issues. These would be prime candidates to add to Jira Product Discovery ideas as links - I know when I paste the entire link, I can link it that way and two-way link is created. it would be great if I could also just type jira issue key and it expanded the way jira software comments recognize it's a jira key you just typed.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2021

Hi Zuzana, 

Where would you like to type the Jira issue key?

This is how Jira Product Discovery works with Jira issues today for prioritization: Video demo

Jonathan Hau March 23, 2022

Hi Tanguy,

I have a similar problem where I have thousands of tickets residing in Jira that I need to import and attach to Ideas within JPD. Thank you for making this video. I think this is helpful.

Your bulk migration tool in JPD could use some improvement though. I find it odd that it uses a CSV file to import when more commonly, I'm moving existing Jira tickets from other Software Dev Jira Projects into a JPD Ideas list.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2022

Hi @Jonathan Hau , I'm not sure I understood your feedback: have you tried moving existing Jira tickets to Jira Product Discovery using bulk issue move? That should work. 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
March 23, 2022

Oooh I get it - you want to create new ideas AND attach existing tickets to them. hmm, yes, we don't have a good way to do that. 

Like Jonathan Hau likes this
Jonathan Hau March 23, 2022

Yes, exactly^^

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events