Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a new value choice to a multiselect field via Automation?

Patrice Cantalupo June 8, 2023

It seems like JPD doesn't have the ability to add automation for multi-select fields yet, can someone help with getting me to the right JSON to use, what I have right now is throwing an error.

Basically when a specific type of issue is updated (with a certain field value), then I want to automatically update another field with a new value that is equal to the issue summary for the idea that triggered the work flow.  

E.g. I create a new issue with summary "Test" -> I update the 'product type' field (a custom field in our project) to equal "Special" -> Automation is triggered to add a new value, called "Test" to the 'special list' field (a different custom field in our project)

This is the JSON I tried that isn't working to update the ' Special list' field
{
"update": {
        "Special List": [{
                "add": "{{issue.Summary}}"
        }]
    }
}

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Jan-Hendrik Spieth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2023

Hi@Patrice Cantalupo , I believe you have to reference your custom field by id, instead of by name.

See the examples here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/Product-demo-Automation-for-Delivery/ba-p/2057152

I hope this gets you a step further ;-)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events