A few Questions on Delivery Progress

Patrice Cantalupo March 27, 2023

Really loving this product.  A couple of question!

1. Is there (or will there) be a way to change the delivery progress to track by story points vs. ticket count?
  2. How does the sorting work for linked delivery tickets - e.g. what determines the order they appear in?  I can't seem to find a pattern (it's not how I add them, nor status).  Personally I'd love to be able to re-sort at will (like on the main views where you can drag and drop) to help with stack ranking pieces of delivery.  
  3. Less a question, more of a suggestion, but it'd be great if you could define a custom time scale for the timelines (we operate in 6 week cycles vs. Quarters for example).  It would also be great if we could rename the scale (I'd much rather see Q1 vs. Jan 1 - Mar 31st). 

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2023

Hi @Patrice Cantalupo , 

1. Currently you can only calculate it based on the number of tickets but I've added your suggestion for us to look at when we next look at improving this feature. 
  2. @Amanda Barber was pretty close! It only looks at percentages and prioritizes: DONE, IN_PROGRESS, TODO. So first will be highest DONE percentage, if it’s the same: highest IN_PROGRESS percentage and then highest TODO percentage
  3. Thanks, this has been asked by a few customers already - the intent of this view is to do higher level roadmapping usually - big bets, things you'd share with stakeholders, not detailed delivery plans. Are your ideas typically things that can ship within 2 weeks?
Patrice Cantalupo March 28, 2023

Thanks for the responses @Tanguy Crusson

1. Thank you! That would be a great improvement for us given all tickets are not created equal! :)
  2. Ah I see! It would be great if there was some optionality here, if manually ordering isn't possible, like defining to use either the ticket's rank or priority. (Definitely only a nice to have, given the tickets will likely end up sorted that way once work has started).
  3. We do a prioritization/stack ranking review every 6 weeks with our stakeholders, which the vast majority of the time is focused on big bet items (since those hold the higher estimates and therefore likely more risk), but smaller delivery items are also included to show the whole picture.  It helps to be able to see the big bets alongside the handful of smaller deliveries, as those are what we sometimes need to choose between.   The biggest reason I asked, was more around having something the company is used to seeing - everyone thinks in 'cycles' here and not quarters.
Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
Patrice Cantalupo March 28, 2023

After reading Amanda's reply, I realized I wasn't super clear about what I meant for the ordering of delivery progress.  I meant within the 'Delivery Tab' of the ticket itself, not when sorting by the 'delivery progress' field.  Screenshot 2023-03-28 095642.png

edit: Now that I'm looking at this one, it seems it's ordered by ticket number, my other comment still stands though, having optionality here would be an added benefit!

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

😅 So close, haha! Thanks for clarifying, Tanguy. I'll learn alllll the intricacies eventually. 

Swing Miss GIF by MOODMAN

Like # people like this
Tassia Tanaka December 29, 2023

Hello @Tanguy Crusson ,

I would like to know if JPD have any way or will it to show the percentage of delivery progress, based on the attribute "Delivery Progress". Are you pretend to insert calculate based on the time estimate?

Thanks.

1 vote
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

This is how I am perceiving the delivery progress field sort - this is when sorted descending:

First, they are categorized by grouping the 100% done, ordered by the number of delivery tickets within the epic from greatest to least.

Then, I see any delivery tickets that are not complete, but have been started, ordered by the number of delivery tickets within the epic from greatest to least.

Following that group, I have my in-progress delivery tickets that only have 1 ticket within them.

Then, I have the not-started delivery tickets.

Finally, any ideas without delivery tickets added.

Here's a rudimentary image to summarize... 2023-03-28_08-04-41.png

0 votes
Riku.Kristersson March 28, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson Couple of suggestions related to this subject:

• Possibility to add idea (from same or other discovery project) as a delivery ticket. Use case: We have big transformative idea (example new product/service) that we want to keep as a separate idea and track its delivery but we want to also evaluate and prioritize "child" ideas (example features) - to complete the big idea we need to deliver each "child" idea. We might want to have separate discovery project for these big transformative ideas but without ability to track delivery from other discovery project it doesn't really work that well. This would also require that delivery tickets from child idea is also shown in parent idea like this:
    • Parent idea
      • Child idea
        • Epic 
  • Additional fields shown from delivery tickets - it would be great if we could choose any of the global fields to be shown. Time information especially is important to Idea assignee (start/end/sprint/release..)
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events