500 sub-issues limit

Seth Mason July 27, 2022

We've randomly seen JPD ideas display the Delivery Status field on the right side pane with the text in a popout message: "We could only calculate the delivery data partially, because you've hit the 500 sub-issues limit."

These issues do not have 500 epics (or epics+subtasks) linked to them.  Is this 500 epics+tasks+subtasks for all ideas in JPD?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Hanna
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2022

Hi @Seth Mason 

We had to implement a limit because some users had 10000 linked issues in delivery and this was causing a 429 error for them limiting their access to Jira Software. 

The limit applies to the Jira Product Discovery project, not per idea. 

If you haven't encountered any issues with accessing Jira Software we can disable this limit for you. If you want to proceed with that, please provide your site name. 

Best, 
Hanna

Seth Mason July 28, 2022

I don't have 10k linked epics/issues from JPD.  I'm not running into any other issues beyond this popup.  How can I DM you my instance or can you just pull it from my email address?

Erin Mihalik July 28, 2022

@Hanna  We are going to need that limit removed or changed.  I only have 10 ideas in here yet I am encountering the error.  

I think people hitting over 10k is going to happen easily if Subtasks are included.  One could make the argument that Subtasks should be filtered out in Delivery and only standard issue level or higher is returned.  As a product leader, this is not where we will run scrum off of so understanding the subtasks is not 100% necessary.

50 Ideas in here with one epic each = 50 issues plus potentially 9 user stories in each epic is immediately 500.

Like Seth Mason likes this

May you please disable this on appetize.atlassian.com and spoton.atlassian.com?

Like Hanna likes this
Hanna
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2022

Hi @Erin Mihalik
We'll disable this limit for the provided sites. 

Hanna
Atlassian Team
July 29, 2022

Hi @Seth Mason

Feel free to share the site name here or DM it to hsazonava@atlassian.com. 

brent.johnson August 17, 2022

Hey @Hanna - can you disable this limit for our team? getmaple-ca.atlassian.net. Thanks!

Hanna
Atlassian Team
September 5, 2022

Hi @brent_johnson

It's now disabled for your site. (sorry for the delay, just got from a leave).

Best,
Hanna

Like brent.johnson likes this
brent.johnson September 6, 2022

Thanks! And welcome back :) 

Andrew Durden January 12, 2023

Hey @Hanna

Could you please remove this limit from rccl-idd.atlassian.net?

We are realizing we hit this 1000 sub-issue limit very easily.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hanna
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2023

Hi @Andrew Durden

We have removed the limit for the respective site. 

Cheers!

Like Andrew Durden likes this
Benedict Lubik April 20, 2023

Hi Hanna, 

I've come across the same issue, is there a way to turn this off by now?

issue.png

BR, Benedict

Andrew Dunn April 24, 2023

Hi @Hanna,

Can we also please have this limit removed from our site - connectrn.atlassian.net?

Thanks!

-Andrew 

Hanna
Atlassian Team
April 25, 2023

Hi @Andrew Dunn

The limit was disabled for connectrn.atlassian.net. 

Cheers!

Hanna
Atlassian Team
April 25, 2023

Hi @Benedict Lubik

It's possible to disable the limit. If you'd like to proceed with disabling, please share the site name. 

Cheers!

Like Benedict Lubik likes this
Andrew Dunn April 25, 2023

@Hanna we are still experiencing the limit in Product Discovery. Are there specific steps we need to take to have the limit fully removed?

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 9.21.07 AM.png

Holly Holbrook April 25, 2023

Hi @Hanna can you please turn this off for https://nylas.atlassian.net/

Please and thank

Hanna
Atlassian Team
April 26, 2023

Hi @Andrew Dunn
This might be related to the current work and a bug the team uncoverd, see details in the thread  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-questions/1000-Sub-issues-limit/qaq-p/2341506. 

We expect it to be solved in the next weeks. 

Hanna
Atlassian Team
April 26, 2023

Hi @Holly Holbrook

Could you share the message you get in the UI about the limit? 
It might be related to the work described in the thread here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-questions/1000-Sub-issues-limit/qaq-p/2341506.

Benedict Lubik April 26, 2023

@Hanna Please disable it for https://i3dhub.atlassian.net/. I don't expect that we will see any issues since we don't exceed it by that much.

Thanks!

Holly Holbrook April 26, 2023

@Hanna I'm getting this error. I think you're right :) "We could only calculate the delivery data partially, because you’ve hit the 1000 sub-issues limit."

Hanna
Atlassian Team
April 27, 2023

Hi @Benedict Lubik

The error you see is related to the bug we identified. You'll see this error even if you don't hit the 1000-issue limit. It's going to be fixed soon.

Find more details here in the thread https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-questions/1000-Sub-issues-limit/qaq-p/2341506. 

Like Benedict Lubik likes this
0 votes
Erin Mihalik July 27, 2022

Deleted answer since I was wrong :)

Erin Mihalik July 27, 2022

But this should only be "per each idea" not per JPD instance. 

Seth Mason July 28, 2022

We do not have any JPD ideas linked to issues higher than epic.

Hanna
Atlassian Team
July 29, 2022

Thank you @Erin for the feedback, I informed the team to look into addressing it. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events